Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting and has the primary responsibility of preparing and ensuring the Company’s consolidated financial statements are in compliance with US GAAP. In addition, this role will support the global accounting and research team and perform and document technical accounting research related to complex transactions for the Company.
- Assisting in preparation of SEC filings including 10-Q’s, 10-K’s, and 8-K’s
- Reviewing the work of the Company’s domestic and international subsidiaries to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Researching technical accounting issues to propose and support solutions
- Monitoring and assisting with implementation of new accounting standards
- Performing analyses on key metrics to identify trends and analyze variances
- Assisting with internal and external audits
- Assisting with SOX compliance including providing and coordinating deliverables
- Preparing ad hoc requests to support senior management’s decision making
- Promoting teamwork between finance groups and departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or related field
- Active CPA license or CPA candidacy preferred
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of accounting experience
- Prior SEC reporting experience or public accounting experience with exposure to SEC filings preferred
- Workiva software knowledge is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change and openness to new challenges and opportunities
- Ability to work hands-on in a team environment
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.