The Office Assistant provides clerical support for the Branch; primary contribution is providing assistance with accounting functions and applying standard procedures to resolve problems.
- Provides excellent customer service that will enhance the relationship and lead to ongoing sales
- Accounts Payable: Assists with all clerical functions of Accounts Payable; processes expense, freight and inventory invoices; may include bringing 3 Way Match exceptions to Branch Operations Manager’s attention
- Collections: Uses system tools to identify accounts that need to be contacted to collect past due payments; may perform collections calls to customers with invoices past due; tracks collection status
- Billing: Handles customer billing, including sorting, stuffing envelopes and mailing customer invoices; enters credits as approved
- Reviews routine reports to identify open orders to assist with order expediting
- Prepares cash sales deposit in accordance with company policy
- Answers incoming calls and directs caller to appropriate person
- Opens and distributes incoming mail
- Maintains filing for Branch
- May handle customer returns
- May perform data entry for receiving
- Works with Corporate A/R and A/P Support personnel
- May interact with customer’s A/P department to follow-up on past due items
- May interact with supplier’s A/R department to resolve invoice issues
- Attends training sessions regularly to continue professional growth and development
- Reliability, organization and attention to detail required
- Organizational skills required
- Bookkeeping background preferred
- Moderate computer skills, including information processing and use of email to communicate internally and externally
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.