- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Merchandising Finance - Senior Analyst
Position Performance Measures:
Responsibilities: The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Supports Senior Manager by maintaining templates, systems, and other tools needed to develop quarterly forecast updates, annual plans, and long range plans (2-3 years)
- Completes updates of operating, program, and business unit scorecards and supports Senior Analyst and Finance Manager in updating commentary and analysis for the scorecard updates
- Compiles data needed to perform root cause analysis, test & learn, and financial modeling; and supports Senior Manager in conducting the analysis
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in subject area; leveraging an understanding of policies, data, and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems; identifying, recommending, and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships by openly sharing information and knowledge with coworkers and business partners; seeking performance feedback; and adapting to and learning from change
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- At least 2-3 years working in a financial analysis role, ideally in a complex data environment.
- College degree from an accredited institution (or other advanced degree in economics, mathematics, finance, marketing intelligence or business intelligence) or equivalent.
- High level of commercial and financial acumen experience required; CFA accepted
- Demonstrated and advanced proficiency with business intelligence tools; preferably excel and data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, etc.)
- Entry experience with database systems at an enterprise level
- Demonstrated and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, such as database management, vlookups, and pivot tables.
- Demonstrated experience with data governance projects.
- Strong internal and external relation-building skills.
- Uncompromising integrity and intellectual honesty; possesses courage and conviction to speak their position.
- Demonstrated previous experience reporting to senior executives.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.