HR Business Partner
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Conducts meetings with respective client groups.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the SR HRM to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Identifies training needs for client group.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- 10% Travel throughout North America
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an HR Generalist, HR Business Partner, or comparable HR Manager.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.