- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
HR Project Manager
The HR Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing HR initiatives to include timelines, risks, resources (internal and/or external), project budgets, and third-party vendors. This role is responsible for overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the business units and key partner groups to understand their business needs, ensure alignment on objectives, and ensure ongoing buy-in across all project activities.
- Translate business objectives into projects with clearly defined scope, timing, deliverables, resources, and key measures of success.
- Formulate and continually re-assess the appropriate project management approach and project management skill set / resourcing mix across internal and external partners to ensure all project tasks are successfully completed.
- Create project plans, including timelines and milestones.
- Negotiate sufficient resources from Corporate and Field HR Teams, Functional Teams, Business Units, and other groups as appropriate.
- Effectively set and communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Define project success criteria and communicate to team throughout project life cycle.
- Manage and coordinate HR-related project activity resulting from business unit acquisitions.
- Manage ongoing project plans, budgets, resources, and vendors.
- Facilitate meetings and drive project issues through to resolution.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Proactively manage and communicate ongoing changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and lead project team members. Influence project team to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Manage Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) with vendors relating to HR projects.
- Identify all stakeholders, both direct and indirect, and determine level of involvement needed for project success.
- Work closely with Change Management and Corporate Communications to ensure appropriate change management activities are defined and included in all project plans.
- Support the ongoing development of best practices and tools for HR project management and execution.
- Conduct project post-mortems and create recommendations in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Ensure comprehensive and seamless project post-implementation transition.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or relevant work experience
- Minimum 5 years working knowledge of HR systems, processes, trends, and best practices
- PMP, PgMP, CAPM, and/or comparable project management certifications preferred
- Experience implementing Workday HCM strongly preferred
- Previous HR project management experience required, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with different stakeholder sets
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, presentation and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.