Solutions Architect for Store Technologies
IT Principal Architect – Store Technologies
This role provides a unique opportunity for a senior technical leader to help grow and manage the NAPA Store Management Systems (Point-of-Sale, and other Back Office functions) for a 6,000+ Auto Parts network. Based in Atlanta, this Principal Architect will play a key role in managing the transition and roll out of a Vendor solution to in-house and providing sustainable grown of this platform through the execution and operation of key initiatives, ensuring we are maximizing investments in our technology platforms and following industry best practices in the planning and execution of our initiatives.
Technical Responsibilities include:
• Provide subject-matter expertise regarding Store technology platforms across the enterprise in order to most effectively leverage company assets while adhering to architectural best practices and ensuring fully integrated solutions
• Drive standardized features/ functions across our multiple POS Systems (legacy and new)
• Develop past, present and future state architecture documentation for the solution
• Provide product roadmap of technology modernization aligning to the business priorities and roadmap
• Work with the Cross-Channel Delivery Team to architect cross-channel enablers thereby simplifying the Store Systems landscape while improving speed to market
• Lead design and architecture discussions for store technology platforms engaging with other solution architects and enterprise architects within various business units
• Review and approve designs for both internal and vendor teams planned use of company standard platforms and other associated extensions and integrations
• Provide program management leadership to Store technology initiatives serving as both a technical advisor and project execution expert to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of initiatives
• Initiate both group and one-on-one meetings with senior management in order to gain a clear understanding of business drivers and functional requirements
• Provide program management leadership to store platform initiatives serving as both a technical advisor and project execution expert to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of digital initiatives
• Work with and project managers and business analysts to develop and detailed technical requirements documentation
• Work closely with project management to estimate and forecast resource needs, labor spend and project duration
• Rigorously monitor competitor activities and industry trends in order to take preemptive and responsive actions as appropriate.
• Drive the standardization and consolidation of vendors and tools across the enterprise.
• Oversee the selection of new tools and vendors.
• Provide oversight for operational support and digital platforms performance monitoring toolset(s).
• As needed, rapidly troubleshoot and debug solutions and recommend fixes
• Provide technical leadership, clarity and direction for on-site, offshore and vendor teams.
• Validate and revise as necessary current store technology standards and policies. Ensure compliance and recommend changes to corporate and industry standards and policies.
Other Responsibilities and Activities
• Participate as a leader in the Enterprise Architecture team. This group provides technical/architectural leadership, governance and program management, research, evangelization, resources, strategic and operational support, and infrastructure for a variety of business capabilities delivered through a combination of internal and external resources.
• Contribute to organization’s priorities on Cloud adoption, IT simplification and modernization, Agile and Dev-Ops acceleration
• Working with other leaders, define the vision for store technology platform and other technologies at GPC and collaborate with each subsidiary to establish differentiated strategies and tactics to achieve our missions and goals. Contribute to the overall corporate and subsidiary business strategies.
• Collaborate and coordinate with partners across subsidiaries, functions (e.g. sales, marketing, IT, strategy, product management, etc.), and geographies to execute all aspects of the digital strategies and tactics worldwide.
• Participate as a leader of the team responsible for store technologies and the day-to-day business operations across the enterprise, and drive profitable growth in key performance indicators.
• Work with the team responsible for corporate and store technologies and the day-to-day business operations across the enterprise, and drive profitable growth in key performance indicators by ensuring their knowledge of how to maximize store platform and other technologies.
• Deliver a desired store experience representative of our owners and field management experience and that takes that engagement to the next level by understanding the needs and expectation of the store operator/owner.
• Working with other technology leaders, continually evolve and enhance the customer experience to improve customer acquisition, engagement, conversion, and retention.
- A strong background and experience implementing POS or ERP systems
- Strong Retail experience on both B2B and B2C
- Bring in experience of Omni channel customer with a view and experience of multiple store and online channels
- Experience in driving and delivering large implementation and transformational programs
- Experience with the transitioning and re-architecting of large code base / off the shelf products
- Experience with the following technologies: Kubernetes, SpringBoot, Angular, Kafka, Docker
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL datasources
- Experience breaking down Monolithic architectures into microservices via Domain Driven Design
- Experience developing on Microsoft Azure
- Other technology experience ideal including: JBoss, WebLogic, Java, C++, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Scala, HSQLDB, Oracle Forms, Java Swing, Jasper, Canoo, Vaadin, Struts, Raw Sockets, RMI, HornetQ, EHCache, JLDAP, Hibernate
- Adopt, and may be drive, Dev-Ops, Agile and Automation practices across the program / enterprise
- BS or BA in a related field or significant relevant work experience
- 15+ years in information technology
- Subject-matter expertise in the areas of solution & technology research, cost analysis, risk identification, implementation strategies
- Expertise in the areas of requirements gathering, diagramming & documentation, software / technology evaluation and selection
- Experience collaborating with departmental leadership in order to establish, communicate and maintain technology standards.
- Strong technical understanding including past development experience of N-Tier applications and service-oriented architecture including: databases (OLAP, OLTP) and middle-ware (Java APIs, Java Web Services)
- Successful track record of managing both onshore and offshore vendor relationships to ensure that SLAs are met
- Excellent communication skills, including meeting facilitation and team leadership
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.