Sr. IT Business Analyst
The Sr IT Business Analyst engages with the lines of business to document business processes and software requirements. The Sr IT Business Analyst confirms software deliverables to meet the needs of the line of business and satisfy the documented software requirements. This position defines technical products and functional processes to solve business problems. Motion offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Works with end users to identify and understand business problems and processes and evaluates potential solutions.
- Leads the effort to solve problems and produce quality deliverables to support business needs.
- Ensures adequate conceptual and detail design documentation is prepared through the process of analysis, modeling and specification.
- Verifies and validate conceptual and detail design software requirements are in line with documented and implicit business processes.
- Identifies and solves problems through root cause analysis. Develops testing plans, criteria, and scripts.
- Develop, design and test Business Intelligence Reports and Dashboards based on user requirements.
- Work with management teams to gather specifications for data and report requirements.
- Development of operational reports and dashboards with focus on business data insights
- Coordinates with business and technology teams ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, execution of users acceptance and may coordinate testing.
- Identifies and suggests performance improvement changes.
- Perform ETL, and proficient with Qlik scripting, set analysis, and QVD creation
- Must be comfortable working with multiple datasets with a high degree of complex relationships
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to gather, analyze and document complex business requirements.
- Skilled in conceptualizing, documenting and presenting creative solutions utilizing current business analysis tools and techniques.
- Training, testing and facilitation experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce quality deliverables on time and within specifications.
- Good technical aptitude.
- Proficient with Qlik scripting and SQL
- Good understanding of section access, set analysis, NPrinting, and best practice of data modeling
- Knowledge of data warehousing, relational database, business intelligence, and analytics
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.