APG Parts Specialist Trainee
Unique NAPA opportunity…A NAPA Parts Store where you’d least expect it…
NAPA is a Parts Store and So much more! Did you know that some of NAPA’s biggest customers are Airlines, City & Government facilities and public schools? NAPA supplies many parts to these places that keep them moving and because we have been so successful at it, we are looking to grow this division even more! We already said that we are “so much more” and to prove it, we are looking for a special Talent to join our Integrated Business Solutions (IBS) Division as a IBS Site Parts Specialist- Trainee.
What is NAPA Integrated Business Solutions (IBS):
We manage Parts so businesses don’t have to! The NAPA Integrated Business Solutions (IBS) program is a partnership with any company that needs on-site assistance running a highly efficient parts department within their business. In other words, “a Store inside a Store/Company.” We partner with some exciting places: ground support maintenance stations for major airlines, government vehicle maintenance stations, utility companies, construction companies, car dealerships and more. NAPA provides parts management, supply chain expertise, fantastic customer care, that serve our customer’s efficiencies and bottom line when we step in to manage their parts departments. Check out this video to learn more about the dynamic division of NAPA IBS www.napa-ibs.com
The Parts Specialist - Trainee will play a critical role in our partnership with one of four focus areas: Government, Transportation, Commercial, Dealership. This person will provide on-site parts management, procurement, and inventory, while managing people and processes. We are looking for someone who is passionate about providing non-stop customer service in this extremely important partnership. Keeping equipment running is a major part of these companies bottom line, so we need a high energy leader who will be able to not only nurture this vendor relationship, but also keep everything running smoothly and ensure that they have the right parts to the right place at the right time…on time!
This role may be for you if:
- You are open to learning, hands-on training, and ultimately moving into a NAPA IBS role
- Are comfortable with working in a Fleet shop environment
- You have a background in automotive aftermarket, dealerships, parts, light/heavy duty equipment, ground support industry
- You have experience in supply chain, parts procurement, and or logistics. Demonstrated leadership in the automotive after-market industry, preferably an automotive parts department, dealership, heavy duty and/or fleet establishment.
- You enjoy representing a dynamic and respected brand along with going out of your way to provide tremendous customer service!
- You love building and sustaining relationships with your team and outside vendors
- You enjoy coming up with better processes and being looked at for the go to person for answers to customer’s questions.
A Day in the life (what you will learn):
- Providing an outstanding and a very high level of customer service with our partner and customer
- Works in unison with the IBS Site Manager and team ensuring all daily/weekly/monthly reconciliation items are handled per policy and procedure guide
- Addressing customer sales/service questions and problems quickly
- Shifting into a high gear and bringing a high energy to our NAPA parts counter at our IBS location
- Helping team members when working with customers or finding auto parts
- Navigating computer and paper catalog systems
- Working towards continuous improvement with our on-site parts store relationship - processes and procedures
- Lifting merchandise up to 60 lbs.
- Inspecting, protecting and maintaining company assets, merchandise, vehicles, building and people
What you’ll need:
- An open mind for training
- Passion for customer care, relationship management, and going out of your way to take care of customers
- Automotive Aftermarket/Parts/Light & Heavy Duty/Diesel/Aftermarket
- Experience with inventory protection, asset management and cataloging
- Demonstrated leadership in the automotive after-market service industry, fleet services, government contracts, dealerships, or retail establishments
- Possess personal drive, self-motivation and ability to not only identify issues, but finding immediate solutions for customer
- Capable of operating point-of-sale system, cataloging and customer fleet management software
- Possess analytical/problem solving skills and a non-stop drive for solving customer issues and coming up with solutions
- Thrive in a super-fast paced environment
- Welcome “being the go to person”!
- High School Diploma, GED
- Flexibility in schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
And if you have this, even better:
- Background in Aviation and/or Ground Support Equipment
- Technical school, and/or college degree a plus
- Automotive Parts experience
- Parts procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics
- ASE Certification(s)
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
- Awesome people and brand
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So, if after reading this, you don’t think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the other diverse roles we have too!
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.