Disability & Leave Claim Examiner
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you are part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
The Disability & Leave Claim Examiner is responsible for administering the leave and absence programs for all Genuine Parts Company employees from leave initiation through closure, including all appropriate communications and transactional updates related to the employee’s HR record. This role will be responsible for providing consistent, quality care in a high-volume service center environment.
- Provide information regarding Leave of Absence policies, guidelines and legislation
- Receive and process all Leave requests
- Assess, adjudicate, track and monitor all Leave claims
- Complete and ensure accurate documentation for all Leave activities
- Work with Payroll and Benefits to ensure employees on applicable Leaves are paid accurately and are appropriate enrolled in benefits (as applicable)
- Authorize return to work using physician documentation, departmental ability to comply with restrictions, and knowledge of the physical requirements of the existing job or alternate job
- Assist employees in getting back to work and receiving appropriate benefits according to Company policies and legal requirements
- Log all interactions in the case management system and/or leave management system
- Abide by documented standardized best-practice processes when handling inquiries, transactions and requests
- Ensure quality employee experience by using a professional and service-focused approach when handling all inquiries, transactions and requests
- Ensure employee privacy, including confidentiality and protection of sensitive employee reports or information
- Display dependability by being punctual and achieving an appropriate level of attendance
- Attend and participate in on-going training to support the ever changing environment
- Demonstrate an ability to learn and actively seek out knowledge in a self-guided, keyword driven and document heavy knowledgebase
- 3-5 years’ experience in leave management and/or employee benefits
- 3-5 years’ prior relevant experience in a call center or service center environment
- Superior Customer Service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exposure to HR and/or case management technologies (e.g., portal technology, case management, human capital management, etc.)
- Attentive listening skills that enable asking of probing questions to aid them in problem solving and issue escalation
- Experience with HR administration and general exposure / knowledge of various HR functions (e.g., policy, compensation, employee relations, benefits, performance management, etc.)
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel)
- Dependable and willingness to learn
- Team player with a positive attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.