As a member of the Finance Department, you will contribute through compiling and analyzing accounts payable information to provide timely and accurate recording of AP balances, vendor statement reconciliation and past due vendor invoices. In addition, you will administer closing processes and reporting associated with accounts payable month end.
Position Performance Measures:
- Customer Focus – Ability to maintain effective and positive relationships and be committed to customer satisfaction.
- Communication - Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Financial Aptitude – Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information.
- Oversees all Accounts Payable and Billing Specialists and functions for which they are responsible for and provides backup as necessary.
- Ensures all AP invoicing and month end reports are completed timely and accurately.
- Evaluates current processes and makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Responsible for overseeing daily verification of Revenue reporting, and compliance with departmental procedures.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining daily cash position for both Rayloc, HVPG and RMDS; verification of daily SunTrust Online Treasury Management Controls.
- Responsible for ensuring timely AP Journal Batch approvals and payment processing.
- Responsible for overseeing Accrued Purchases (RNV) processes to include month end AP Specialist reporting and compliance with departmental procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing timesheet information, work schedules and obtaining/ updating of vacation/ time off schedules.
- Assists with monthly/quarterly/annual closing.
- Assists with internal/ external audit requests and provided information as requested.
- Responds to inquiries, communicates with, and provides above average customer service to customers, and location personnel.
- Responsible for housekeeping of Accounts Payable work area.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Leadership-Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making limited decisions.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret accounting procedures and financial reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or suppliers.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, spreadsheet software and experience with Axapta/MS Dynamics and other ERP and/or accounts receivable software.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written or schedule form.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This job has limited supervisory responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.