Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the head of engineering to architect the next generation Pricing and Promotions systems for GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a leadership role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This is an engineering leadership role with responsibility for driving the technology strategy and execution for GPC’s unified commerce platforms.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in defining the technology direction and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. She/he must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing legacy supply chain technologies at scale.
Close collaboration and alignment with a wide variety of both internal stakeholders and external vendors will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
- Partnering with the cross-functional GPC team, develop the strategy and roadmap for modernizing the Pricing and Promotion management platforms
- Develop the technology platforms architecture and execute on roadmap to support build out the new Pricing and Promotion management capabilities needed for the unified commerce strategy
- Overall engineering accountability for the Pricing and Promotions Domain
- Responsible for simplifying the complexity of current Pricing and Promotion platforms and reducing the technical debt and total cost of ownership
- Partner with peer leaders to accelerate and embed agile methodologies across the organization to increase customer-backed problem solving, to increase pace of solution delivery, to accelerate innovation and to enhance cross-functional collaboration
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 15+ years’ experience in software engineering & technology leadership (including 10+ years in modern applications development)
- Consistent track record of leadership, teamwork, and delivering high impact results
- Experience with Pricing and Promotion management systems is a plus
- Extensive experience with public cloud data platform offerings and leveraging machine learning & AI
- Experience managing 50+ FTE team of internal and extended delivery resources
- Experience leading leaders
- Ability to attract, motivate and retain world-class IT talent
- Strong fiscal prudence to maximize technology investments against critical business priorities across the enterprise
- Exceptional communication skills, team building and associate growth and development experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.