Billing Specialist for NAPA/RMDS (Monday-Friday | 3:30 PM - 11:30 PM)
Review, processes, and reconcile carrier invoices for RMDS- A division of Genuine Parts Company. Process customer invoices and related tasks to ensure the timely and correct billing of freight services. Prepare various documents and data entry from the Shipper Bills of Laden to generate accurate delivery documents, rating and billing information.
Position Performance Measures:
- Good organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time management
- Performs high speed, accurate data entry using multiple codes and classes from a variety of customers for assigned locations.
- Must be able to interpret data from a variety of sources; Bills of Lading, EDI data, infield drop ship forms- faxed or scanned documents.
- Responsible for printing documents, labels, stickers and manifests; matching up paperwork for the cross dock locations and for invoice accounting and routing of completed documents to appropriate personnel.
- Review and reconcile variances between carrier invoices and system charge calculations.
- Respond to inquiries, communicate with and provide above average customer service to customers and location personnel.
- Communicate and coordinate with shipping warehouses and regional transportation personnel on charges created or approved by the field.
- Ensure proper documentation is correct to include hazardous material
- Responsible for daily audit and review of all manifest & billings and making corrections as necessary.
- Responsible for daily and monthly balancing and transmission of files to GPC for RMDS.
- Conduct audit sessions of customer invoices.
- Ensure customers are billed correctly and invoices are mailed/emailed within 7 days. Identify delays and customer billing errors.
- Review Billing Exception Reports weekly for invoices with $0 or not invoiced and daily during month-end, adjust and fix the root cause.
- Adjust customer billing based on contractual requirements or written approval from customer via AR Billing backup email.
- Provide information to Rate File Maintenance regarding "next most distant point" rates to be added to customer's rate file if contractual.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma with one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common accounting procedures and excellent phone and verbal communication skills
- Strong data entry skills
- Ability to maintain effective and positive relationships and be committed to customer satisfaction
- Must have strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Computer literate in AS400 (or similar system)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in Mcleod a plus
- Previous experience in transportation and/or LTL billing history including hazardous materials entry a plus
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.