Commercial Sales Support Intern - Summer 2021
Are you ready to spend your summer as a part of something special? Imagine being with a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for endless success. At Genuine Parts Company (GPC), people build long-lasting, highly satisfying careers and make a real difference in the community.
GPC has been driving success for over 90 years due to a family of 50,000+ dedicated, intelligent, and innovative employees. But this is the best part – all our businesses throughout the world emphasize the growth and development of our team members by providing opportunities for mentorship and advancement.
This is the ideal role for a student who is searching for challenging and exciting projects, professional growth, and fun networking opportunities with a Fortune 200 company. As a Commercial Sales Support Intern at GPC, you’ll have the opportunity to research brake sales in the United States to identify sales opportunities while learning about a global distribution organization.
This is the right opportunity for you if you:
- Enjoy using analytical skills to assess and present data and want to gain exposure to sales
- Thrive on challenging deadlines and managing competing priorities
- Want to learn how a global leader in the distribution of automotive and industrial parts operates day-to-day
A day in the life:
- Identify opportunities for the commercial sales team in the United States
- Pull data from Qlik and manipulate it in an excel spreadsheet
- Report out to your team on a weekly basis
What’s in it for you:
- Participate in biweekly Lunch and Learn events with company leaders
- Attend a Braves game and volunteer time with fellow interns
- Explore the history of the company through a multi-day orientation, complete with a tour of the Atlanta Distribution Center
- Present your summer project to fellow interns and GPC executives
COVID-19 Accommodations at GPC: Your safety is our top priority – although we are planning for an in-person program, we will continually monitor COVID-19 health safety recommendations and adjust all internship activities as needed.
What you’ll need:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, seeking degree in Business Administration, Business Analytics, Data Science, Finance or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
And if you have this, even better:
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Knowledge of Excel, reporting, and trends
- Interest in automotive parts and data
- Prior work experience in customer service or retail
Why GPC may just be the right place for you:
- Stable Fortune 200 company with a “family” culture
- Environment that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths
- Ongoing training and development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional information for you:
GPC has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So, if after reading this, you don’t think this is the perfect fit for you, check out the list of other opportunities we have at jobs.genpt.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.