GPC Digital Integrations Developer
The Digital Content Services (DCS) department of Genuine Parts Company is seeking an Informatica/Snowflake Integrations Developer. This position is focused on the infrastructure, development, and support of software initiatives for the DCS team. The Developer will work closely with Analysts, Product Owners and Solution Architects to deliver solutions that meet business requirements and adhere to defined technology standards.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Informatica/Snowflake Developer are listed, but not limited to the following:
- Design, code, test, debug, deploy and document new developments per the business requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex production issues.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis of Production issues and come up with automated permanent solutions for the same either on the technology or on the data side.
- Investigate existing systems for potential valuable enhancement opportunities and work with Product Owners and Solution Architects to prioritize and execute them.
- Design Informatica Extract Mappings for small and large-scale applications.
- Document data mappings between source and target systems in context of the transformation layer.
- Understand the Snowflake Data Model and develop JSONL Extracts as needed by downstream systems.
- Understand existing data transformations on Informatica and migrate the same to the Snowflake Layer.
- Support Legacy Extractions by coordinating with multiple stakeholders.
- Performance Tuning of existing and new developments
- Provide input and execute on efforts to improve the efficiency and quality of our software development projects.
- Investigate and analyze reported defects in a timely manner, and recommend solutions to these problems including code changes, data updates.
- Learn and support new technology disciplines especially Snowflake, PL/SQL and STEP MDM.
- Conduct and assist in design and code reviews.
- Conduct and assist in unit and integration testing.
- Mentor other developers.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology driven or quantitative field of study – Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, etc.
- 5+ years of Informatica PowerCenter hands on development and support experience.
- Hands on experience on any scheduling Tool like JAMS etc. is a must.
- Good knowledge of Oracle Database Concepts.
- Must have expertise in querying databases.
- Must have experience in designing (along with writing technical document) for new business requirements.
- Understanding and hands-on Unix scripting is a must.
- Hands on experience with Snowflake is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in Designing and programming PL/SQL applications is a plus.
- NoSQL databases like Mongo or Cassandra is a plus.
- Knowledge of Java/.NET/Python development is a plus.
- Familiarity with Stibo Systems STEP MDM or any other MDM platform is a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to be open and quickly learn and support new technologies.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities in a diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment.
- Have a holistic end to end data integration and architecture understanding mindset to solving problems.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
- Able to identify and resolve issues quickly.
- Strong documentation and record keeping skills, with extreme attention to the development and maintenance of, as well as following documented Standard Operating Procedures.
- Goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through roadblocks, motivate external concerns and bring about resolution.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.