Braas Company, a division of Motion Industries, is a leading distributor of industrial automation products and services. We are seeking a Assembly Technician to perform light assembly of small to medium mechanical assemblies. This person would be able to perform any or all assembly tasks required to deliver the finished product.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Assemble standard products and components into complete assemblies and kits per specs
- Follow work instructions and test procedures and complete checklists
- Label and package products per documentation
- Test and troubleshoot assemblies as needed
- Able to work with basic hand tools, measuring devices, power tools and machinery.
- Collaborate with other departments to resolve material or documentation discrepancies
- Suggest ideas for process improvements and enhancements
- Document changes for future builds
- Maintain a clean work area applying Lean 5S concepts
- Other duties as required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and work 8-hour shifts
- Two-year Technical Degree in fluid power, electrical or packaging equipment and coursework in applying assembly drawings, hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics, and machine tool operation
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.