Director, Health & Welfare Benefits
The Health & Welfare Benefits Director is responsible for planning, designing, and implementing comprehensive health and welfare benefits plans, including researching industry and market best practices. The Director, Health & Welfare Benefits will also oversee existing plans and policies and monitor performance of provider and third party relationships. This position ensures all programs support the organization’s strategic objectives, are competitive, cost effective and in compliance with legal requirements.
- Lead delivery and execution of high-quality comprehensive benefit programs
- Manage Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life and AD&D, Flexible Spending Account, Executive Health and applicable vendor relationships
- Lead Request for Proposal and audit projects, including the evaluation, service and cost negotiation and selection process in conjunction with external consultants.
- Lead the benefits annual enrollment process including the development of employee rates, implementation of changes with vendors and approval of the online enrollment process
- Provide guidance for escalated compliance and administration questions from the HR Service Center management team
- Responsible for ensuring that plans comply with federal, state and local laws and regulations, and that processes and controls are in place to ensure ongoing compliance
- Possess a deep understanding of the market dynamics, key competitor benefit plan design, and industry trends, and new developments.
- Educate community HR managers on benefit initiatives by developing and leading informational webinars
- Assist in the development of all employee communications related to benefit plans including print and electronic media
- Plan management responsibilities will include both US and Canada specific benefit plans
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.