Motion Industries, the largest industrial distribution company in North America, is currently in search of an FP&A Analyst to join our new FP&A team. This position will be located at our corporate headquarters in Birmingham, AL and will report to the Director of FP&A – US Distribution.
The FP&A Analyst – US Distribution’s principal responsibilities are to support Motion Industries’ Finance and FP&A Leadership by contributing to world class financial analyses and providing thought-provoking, value-adding insight into the US Group’s financial performance. The FP&A Analyst will assist with the identification of operational improvement opportunities and drive decision-making by collecting, managing, analyzing, and disseminating financial information and analyses.
- Analyze profit & loss statements, explaining variances in performance and monitoring actions to ensure delivery of financial commitments
- Perform trend and sensitivity analysis to evaluate key challenges and opportunities
- Prepare and participate in financial and operational discussions with business leaders
- Serves as a business partner with various leaders to drive additional profitability through analysis and reporting
- Customer and product profitability analysis
- Design and implement financial models and key performance indicator reports to drive value in the business
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting and modeling tools
- Assist in the creation of executive presentations
- Assist Director of FP&A – US Distribution with ad hoc projects as assigned by the VP Finance FP&A
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Finance, Accounting or Business Analysis/Planning
- Experienced with data modeling and analysis
- Advanced experience in PowerPoint and Excel to include VBA, pivot tables and complex formulas
- Prefer experience with relational databases such as Access, Oracle or SQL
- Must possess proven ability at problem solving
- Must possess the ability to identify and communicate solutions to complex business opportunities in a time-critical environment
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.