- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Emerging Markets Intern (Merchandising) - Summer 2023
Are you ready to spend your summer as a part of something special? Imagine being with a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for endless success. At Genuine Parts Company (GPC), people build long-lasting, highly satisfying careers and make a real difference in the community.
Our 11-week summer internship program will be in person in Atlanta (some remote work days available) and run from May 22, 2023 – August 4, 2023. We are looking for several Emerging Market Interns who will rotate through various teams within the department while learning about a global distribution organization.
This individual must be comfortable in defining direction where little currently exists. Primary focus is to develop, plan, lead, and execute cross-functional initiatives that advance the organization from a knowledge and performance standpoint. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required.
Position Performance Measures:
- Clear project definition (scope, timelines, objectives, KPIs)
- Successful execution of project deliverables according to schedule
- Creation of alignment through inclusive approach and strong relationships across the organization
- Flexibility to change direction as learnings and new priorities arise
- Partner with business leaders to develop and execute implementation plans to accelerate and realize value creation opportunities
- Research companies in the emerging technologies space (both domestically and internationally). Identify potential partners for GPC.
- Assist with specific workstreams on the Shop of the Future project.
- Participate in biweekly Lunch and Learn events with company leaders
- Attend a Braves game and volunteer time with fellow interns
- Explore the history of the company through a multi-day orientation, complete with a tour of the Atlanta Distribution Center
- Present your summer project to fellow interns and GPC executives
What you’ll need:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, seeking degree in Engineering, Business, Economics or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
And if you have this, even better:
- Experience creating presentations, documentation, and visual aides
- Knowledge of Excel, reporting, and trends
- Passion for strategic business communication
Additional information for you:
GPC has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So, if after reading this, you don’t think this is the perfect fit for you, check out the list of other opportunities we have at jobs.genpt.com.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.