Digital Product Manager, Shop Solutions
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you are part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
This role provides a unique opportunity for a leader in the automotive space to play a critical role in leading the direction and growth of NAPA’s shop management system (NAPA TRACS) and other related shop solutions. The Product Manager for Shop Solutions will be a key member of the Digital Channel Management team and will be responsible for product strategy, requirements, design and execution to drive adoption of NAPA Shop technology products and services and drive revenue for GPC. The position will collaborate with business partners, subject matter experts, developers and vendor partners to establish product direction, business and system requirements and drive them through successful and on-time delivery and rollout to customers.
- Partner with stakeholders such as executives, sales, support and development on product strategy.
- Partner with stakeholders to continually prioritize and refine the product backlog.
- Drive prioritized optimizations and new features through the agile/scrum process.
- Drive the product discovery process and effectively communicate business requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members; business owners, product management, UX, Design IT, BAs, QA, operations, and vendors, to develop requirements and implement new capabilities.
- Create specification documents of functional and non-functional requirements for new features, functionalities, and enhancements.
- Support and provide direction to business analysts in determining the impact of new functionality to existing business processes and system functionality. Ensure requirements are of sufficient quality.
- Perform acceptance testing to ensure requirements have been fulfilled.
- Act as 3rd party partner primary contact and maintain relationships and aligned roadmaps with ecosystem partners and other 3rd party technology partners and data providers
- Effectively, consistently, and proactively communicate issue status, and related information to cross-functional teams and at all levels.
- Develop and utilize regular and ad hoc reporting to monitor business KPI’s and measure the effectiveness of product enhancements.
- Analyze changing trends, behaviors, or performance to identify root cause, opportunities and solutions.
- Manage vendor partners to solve customer and business problems and collaborate to drive for new innovations in products and services that best meet business needs and strategy.
- Identify, define, and document processes and procedures to improve team efficiency.
- Maintain knowledge of current systems, applications and functionality.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and recent/upcoming innovations.
- Maintain subject matter expertise of NAPA’s brands, product lines, and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Industrial Engineering, CS - Software Engineering, Marketing or other relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5+ years of automotive aftermarket experience (experience in aftermarket technology a plus)
- 5+ years of experience performing business analysis, functional requirements analysis, and product roadmap planning for software or other technology solutions.
- Experience managing a product backlog and in scrum/agile development methodology.
- Experience with analytics tools and using data to make decisions.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to use data to break down complex problems and formulate plans.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for interaction with internal stakeholders, vendors, senior management and staff.
- Superior problem-solving skills, project management, multitasking, focus on detail and comfortable taking ownership of assigned tasks.
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision and being a leader of cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable preparing and delivering presentations to groups of varying size.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.