Senior Web Specialist, Content
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you’re part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
This role provides a unique opportunity for a digital professional to play a critical role in helping to grow global, digital organic traffic within the Genuine Parts Company (GPC). Based in Atlanta, this person will be a member of the Digital Channel Management team and will serve a key role in the digital center of excellence. As a Senior Web Specialist, this role will be responsible for the effective execution of organic traffic growth and content development of our web sites and mobile applications thru CMS.
- Partner alongside additional digital web specialist and content manager to execute run-maintain content releases and assist in developing new content projects.
- Execute large scale content projects (including migrations) across the business units.
- Perform all tasks in the content management process including design, implementation and QA
- Partner with business teams to design scalable content solutions that meet business needs
- Implement advanced content methodologies including personalize or behavior driven content and a/b tests
- Assist more junior content specialists with understanding and implementing content management best practices
- Execute content activities including audits, designs, reviews, planning and handoff to content team
- Assist in requirements, development and testing of cms components, page templates, and other objects
- Improve organic traffic and conversions thru effective implementation of content marketing strategies
- Leverage SEO tools to evaluate, recommend/design, and implement content updates across multiple sites
- Leverage knowledge of SEO technical and marketing best practices to drive content and SEO improvements
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members: business owners, product management, UX, IT, BAs, QA, operations, and vendors.
- Educate and advocate business leaders on the importance and benefits of content marketing
- Align with Analytics team to clearly define objectives to exceed expectations regarding increased web traffic, increased conversions and improved eCommerce experience.
- Work with SEM team and understand relationships between SEO and SEM strategy
- Perform lite copy writing / copy editing on an as needed basis to implement content enhancements
- Work with team to further document and refine content lifecycle for efficiency to optimize impact.
- Work with internal business stakeholders, digital teams and external agencies ensuring functional enhancements, bug fixes and content updates are made to a variety of digital properties.
- Communicate effectively, consistently, and proactively regarding issues, status and related information to cross-functional teams.
- Gather and analyze customer feedback for site improvements and enhancements.
- Maintain knowledge of current systems, applications and functionality.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and digital innovations.
- Foster growth and development for other specialist by providing quarterly training and workshop sessions
- Develop subject matter expertise of GPC’s brands, product lines, customers and industries.
- Strong will and desire to multi-task in a fast paced, omni-channel environment.
- Flexibility to work some nights and holiday weekend for revenue impacting content verifications and content deployments.
- Bachelor's degree in Digital Marketing, Information Technology, Computer Science or other relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 5-7 years experience performing content management platforms or related content management systems.
- eCommerce content management systems experience is a plus (hybris, Magento, Demandware, wooCommerce, OpenCart, webSphere, elatsicpath, Shopify) CMS: hybris, Adobe Experience Manager, Concrete5, Kentico
- Knowledge of content management architectures, best practices, naming guidelines, taxonomy, content modeling
- 2+ years implementing personalized / behavior driven content and A/B tests
- Experience in executing content strategy processes and tactics including (audits, designs, reviews, planning and communications of results)
- 2+ years in search engine optimization including technical SEO and content marketing
- Experience in SEO strategy and implementation
- Preferred certified SEO professional: BrightEdge, Searchlight or similar search optimization platforms
- Demonstrated experience with analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to use data to break down complex problems and formulate plans.
- 3+ years experience with Analytics and web insight platforms include: Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Google Search Console
- Experience with eCommerce businesses and the high-level processes and technologies.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for interaction with internal stakeholders, vendors, senior management and staff.
- Superior problem-solving skills, project management, multitasking, focus on detail and comfortable taking ownership of assigned tasks.
- Comfortable working both independently with minimal supervision and closely in a team environment
- Automotive or Industrial industry experience is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.