- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Sr Manager, Payments
Job description – Sr. Manager, Payments
In this role, the candidate would be responsible for an assigned payments product (e.g., retail or B2B payments). The candidate would be expected to understand the technology, business processes and financial implications of the assigned product. He/she would need to understand, and in some cases help establish, the vision for the future state of payments at GPC and be the liaison between IT, operations, and finance to help deliver that vision. Routine responsibilities would include the monitoring of existing processes/products and proactive remediation of potential issues. For unforeseen circumstances, he/she would be responsible for helping IT troubleshoot issues and work with the appropriate parties (internal or external) to resolve. In some cases, he/she may be required to assist in negotiating new vendor agreements.
The ideal candidate will need to be proficient in analyzing data to appropriately identify issues and/or opportunities for improvement. Will need to work closely with Finance to build business cases around new initiatives and understand them well enough to represent the work. Will need to work closely with IT to ensure the development of new systems/capabilities aligns with the vision and business case. Will need to work closely with operators to ensure they are aware and supportive of the product evolution. Will need to work closely with legal contacts to ensure compliance with regulations and optimization of terms in agreements.
- Work with vendors and internal stakeholders (e.g., finance and IT) to build system monitoring and analytic capabilities to proactively identify both issues and opportunities within the assigned scope of responsibilities
- Work with IT (and other stakeholders as necessary) to resolve any identified payment related issues
- Create business cases (with finance support as needed) to justify capital investments to improve payment capabilities and address deficiencies
- Develop concise, yet comprehensive presentations or other written updates that appropriately communicate current state and future state of payments (including potential and approved initiatives that bridge the gap)
- Participate in executive level updates and confidently represent the work product within the assigned scope of responsibilities
- Manage project plans associated with new initiatives within assigned scope of responsibilities (e.g., implementation of new tender types, implementation of new technologies related to payments, etc.)
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional collaboration meetings for assigned initiatives
- Act as liaison between key stakeholders (e.g., business units, finance, IT, vendors, etc.) to ensure payment priorities are appropriately established and supported
- Assist in negotiating agreements with payment vendors as necessary
- Work with legal and IT security teams to ensure payments ecosystem is both secure and compliant with all rules and regulations
- Work with business units across the globe to understand uniqueness of payments environment in each geography and drive alignment related to payment efforts and strategy for each
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- PMP or other project certification is beneficial but not required
- Prior exposure to large enterprise IT environments is a requirement (must be able to work closely with IT, understand the language, and be influential with IT partners)
- 6+ years of professional experience in strategy and planning within payment operations
Primary Skills Required
- Project management – establishing and maintaining workstream timelines, driving collaborative meetings to ensure alignment/awareness, etc.
- Financial skills – ability to build simple analyses/business cases or work with finance to build more complex analyses and business cases
- Data skills – ability to mine and interpret data and/or work with IT professionals to build more sophisticated data capabilities
- Presentation skills / Professional presence – ability to communicate (both verbal and written, including slide creation) with executive level audience
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.