Corporate Development Manager
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Development, the Manager of Corporate Development supports Motion Industries’ strategic corporate development activities related to a) Strategic Planning, b) Acquisitions, and c) Competitive Intelligence. This role engages all levels throughout the organization to drive strategic initiatives and coordinate/facilitate the acquisition process across Motion’s operating groups. The individual will develop in-depth financial, strategic, and operational analyses for the organization and should be able to confidently and succinctly explain findings and results. The Manager will also assist the development and communication of Motion’s long-term strategy and planning functions, assist management with definition of growth and profitability objectives, and drive coordination across corporate groups.
- Assists the development of the corporate strategic plan and other planning documents across operating groups.
- Develops, maintains, and distributes strategy related reports and financial models as well as in-depth strategic analyses.
- Facilitates processes and metrics to advance strategy within the organization.
- Develops and implements standardized strategic planning tools to foster consistency over time and across groups.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Assists with acquisition pipeline coordination and management.
- Develops financial, operational, and strategic assessments and recommendations of potential acquisitions and dispositions, including forecasting, financial valuation, ROI, ROIC, ROA, accretion/dilution, sensitivity analysis, and multi-scenario modeling.
- Assists with coordination of the acquisition process.
- Provides due diligence support and project management across business units and functional support groups.
- Develops deal approval packaging, incorporating company summary, rationale, and financial analytics.
- Assists with the planning and execution of post-acquisition integration efforts.
Competitive & Market Intelligence
- Manages the compilation of competitor data and monitoring of competitor strategies and news.
- Prepares and distribute competitor intelligence reports.
- Monitors and develops summary reports for end markets, industry trends, and economic indicators.
- Performs complex and advanced business unit level analytics and summarizes key findings for senior leadership.
- Manages timelines and projects, builds and manages relationships, and collaborates across all levels of the company.
- Performs one-off special project evaluations as may be needed.
- Strong financial acumen with technical and analytical skills in financial statements, budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, valuation, and financial analysis.
- Ability to understand and communicate overarching organizational mission, objectives, operational functions, and supporting business processes.
- Skill in planning, prioritizing, problem-solving, organization, resource (including time) management, project management, and strategy execution.
- Ability to research companies/markets/industries, compile data, and consolidate the salient data points in a succinct methodology that draws conclusions and offers insight for action.
- Self-motivated and able to independently manage multiple responsibilities and projects concurrently with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to work effectively with a diverse team in a variety of situations with the flexibility quickly switch gears as needed.
- Experience with PeopleSoft General Ledger or similar ERP.
- Excellent analytical skills and high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and a strong understanding of data analytics tools, such as Qlik.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Master’s degree and/or CPA or CFA preferred.
- Three to five years or more of M&A, corporate development, strategic planning, or five to seven years or more of managerial finance required.
- Strong understanding of financial statements, trial balance, general ledger, and ERP operating and financial systems.
- Valuation experience preferred.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.