IT Operations Center Analyst
AUTOMOTIVE PARTS GROUP
IT Operations Center Analyst
IT Operations Center Manager
The IT Operations Center Analyst works with Incident Mangers in conducting event detection, incident triage, incident handling, and establishing short term/long term remediation. Handling of major high impact incidents to generate clear, concise recommendations, coordination activities, professional communications across a range of stakeholders and the ability to provide detailed statistics through analysis for incident trending.
- Incident resolution and problem management: contribute to Root Cause Analysis (RCA), capture action items, and partner in remediation during follow-up meetings
- Proactively monitor applications and systems in order to capture, triage, and escalate Incidents to technical teams prior to outages or end-user escalation
- Review Incident trends; identify repeating issues; assist in performing root cause analysis and implementing process changes to reduce and ultimately eliminate event recurrence
- Provide escalation support with members from various teams through to resolution
- Communicate progress and resolution messages to appropriate stakeholders including client communications about root cause of major Incidents and follow-up
- Conduct and present report analysis regarding incident trending from detection through resolution
- Track and maintain service availability and performance metrics and use them to prioritize and isolate issues.
- Occasionally facilitate daily meetings with cross functional teams
- Ability to provide on call support as needed in a 24/7 work environment
- 1 year of experience with incident and problem tracking service management software.
- Experience with SQL commands and database manipulation.
- 2+ years’ experience as an analyst or engineer in an enterprise IT incident management and response environment, preferably supporting multi-site retail systems.
- 2+ years’ experience as an analyst or engineer in an enterprise service delivery or service support environment.
- 2+ years' experience working with improving processes within a standard ITSM framework and good knowledge of general operations related to either enterprise applications, servers, networks, databases, data centers, cloud and software development.
- 4-year college degree or significant relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience with Java and SQL/Oracle Databases or with ETL and data integration environments or with managing projects or with enterprise networking environments
- 2+ years of application performance monitoring and tuning (i.e. AppDynamics, Splunk, New Relic preferred)
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with business and technology team partners including end-users, developers, enterprise architecture, quality assurance, network & infrastructure
- Successful track record of proactively monitoring applications and networks in order to assist in issue identification.
- Strong analytical, organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills with a passion for root cause analysis and process improvement.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively via writing and speaking on various levels.
- Strong customer service orientation with a focus on managing and exceeding customer expectations
- Advanced planning and organizational experience within fast-paced/dynamic business environments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office / O365 including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.