DevOps Applications Engineer
The DevOps Applications Engineer will serve as a bridge between the development, infrastructure, security, and operations teams. The engineer will use a collaborative approach to identify and optimize the interdependencies between these teams, from an applications development, testing, and move to production perspective. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.Scope:
- Collaborates with multiple IT teams to securely design and improve the deployment of new technologies, software, & solutions.
- Identify interdependencies and productivity barriers between the development, infrastructure, security, and operations teams.
- Identify opportunities to automate security & operations activities that slow the overall delivery process.
- Create security & architectural diagrams, design specifications, workflow, and support documentation.
- Assist in application & infrastructure integration on multi-platform systems.
- Assist in the development, support, planning, & hardening of systems and applications infrastructure.
- Understanding of cloud-based application integrations and software as a service implementation.
- Coordinate with Agile Development, Infrastructure and Security teams on action items.
- Works with Product Owners and Architects to identify infrastructure and security related activities.
- Coordinates with Infrastructure and Security peers to establish and assign specific tasks required to meet project expectations.
- Identify and implement automation solutions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of software delivery (elimination of manual processes).
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and according to specifications.
- Responsible for informing manager when tasks fall behind schedule.
- Ensure the availability and configuration of supported systems meets the desired SLA’s.
- Encouraged to suggest performance improvement changes.
- Encouraged to suggest security improvement changes.
- Will be involved in project meetings with user representatives.
- Work with peers to identify and allocate necessary resources for scheduled tasks.
- Encouraged to work with more experienced developers, engineers, architects, and managers to gain a better understanding of company business strategies.
- Required to work as part of a team for most projects.
- Responsible for ensuring a good understanding of deliverables (get confirmation from manager).
- Responsible for following Motion Industries safety guidelines.
- Must participate in GPC’s “LiveSafe” program.
- Ability to influence change, and drive system and process improvements.
- Experience working through organizational changes, that includes people, processes, and tools.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Servant leader who focuses on team first.
- Flexibility to adopt best of breed business-solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with development, infrastructure, security, and operations teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other IS or CS concentration.
- 5+ years of experience in application design and development.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with DevOps principles.
- Experience with the overall software development lifecycle.
- Experience with tools such as GIT, GitHub, Jenkins, Jira, Slack.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.