- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Controls Engineer to join our Motion /Kaman Automation team in either Rochester, NY or Buffalo, NY. In this exciting role you will be responsible for the selection and programming of a diverse range of controls and systems.
Kaman Automation, a business unit of Kaman Distribution Group, is comprised of Minarik, Zeller, and G.C. Fabrication, is a leading provider of motion control, automation products, systems and solutions to original equipment manufacturers, industrial production plants, and infrastructure facilities throughout North America. We are committed to helping our customers achieve high performance by providing quality and state-of-the-art products with the technical support to back them. Our people are the foundation of our success and we recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.
- Program automation equipment to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Work with internal and external customers to transform general specifications and requirements to detailed specifications and requirements.
- Maintain documentation and program revision history.
- Work with internal and external customers to review the project status or the readiness for the application programming.
- Conduct on-site service calls or on-site project meetings as required to install programming changes and/or to perform hardware or software modifications supplied for start-up.
- Attend training or conferences as required for skilled training in the office or at a customer site.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and plans to determine contract requirements and communicate and execute solutions based on specifications and clarifications.
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical or Engineering Technology.
- A minimum of three to five years of applicable work experience in the Engineering field is required.
- Prior Engineering work experience in the electrical or controls field is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong desire to learn about the products and industry to be able to apply product applications.
- Ability to think analytically and creatively problem-solve.
- Self-directed and strong self-motivation. Detail oriented. Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Must have the ability for self-training and self-motivating to quickly learn customer software and hardware preferences.
- Strong teamwork skills to identify the correct resources and effectively and efficiently communicate project needs, working as a team.
- PLCs: Experience with Schneider Unity (M340/M580) and Schneider/Modicon 984LL programming Proworx NxT/Proworx32 preferred. Rockwell PLC5, SLC500, CompactLogix and Logix L6x, L7x versions 15 through 29 programming experience preferred. GE R3xi and 9070, Seimens also a plus.
- Ladder programming
- Function block programming
- Structured text
- DeviceNet, EthernetIP and ControlNet experience
- PLC conversions from old to new versions
- SCADA/HMIs: Experience with Wonderware, Citect, Indusoft, Vijeo Designer, Proface GP Pro Ex preferred. FactoryTalk View ME/SE, iFix 5.5/5.8, GE Cimplicity ME/SE, WinCC a plus.
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs): Experience with Schneider Altivar, Rockwell preferred. Yaskawa, Toshiba, and others considered.
- Motion Setup/Programming: SoMachine and Lexium, Kollmorgen workbench preferred. Rockwell Kinetix a plus.
- Safety PLCs: Rockwell Logix safety, Sick Flexisoft preferred.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.