Senior Data Scientist, Supply Chain
Are you passionate about using your AI and ML skills to solve complex supply chain problems? Do you enjoy story telling and working closely with others to understand business problems? If so, then you may be a fit as a Senior Data Scientist at Genuine Parts Company’s Atlanta Headquarters.
When you join the Genuine Parts Company family, you will play a key role in the advancement of a global Fortune 200 distribution company. We are a strong, established industry leader with a focus on integrity, ingenuity and giving back to the community. In this position, you will be a part of our North American Inventory Planning and Procurement team.
A Day in the Life:
- Partner with business stakeholders to define problems and translate business objectives into data science framework.
- Collaborate with IT teams to source, cleans and warehouse data required for analysis
- Generate insights for the different business team using data engineering skills, that leads up to model construction, validation, and deployment
- Build AI and ML models to predict outcomes and identify optimal solution(s).
- Create high impact stories using data visualization tools (Qlik, Tableau, etc.)
- Drive execution and enable desired outcomes through clear, actionable insights and storytelling to executive decision makers.
What you’ll need:
- Strong blend of commercial and technical skills with the ability to synthesize relevant information and make key decisions.
- Extended experience with database tools like Oracle/SQL required
- Comfortable communicating and interacting with executives
- Curious and innovative thinker with a focus on developing new solutions to add value to the business
- Experience in Microsoft Azure services such as Databricks, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure ML, and advanced analytics solutions
- Experience with ensemble modeling, classification, SVM, regression, clustering, other ML techniques
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Splunk
- Experience programming with TensorFlow, Python, SQL and/or R
- Have strong working knowledge of database structures and data warehousing principles and have solid experience in SQL with the ability to ETL both structured and unstructured data from various
And if you have this, even better:
- Experience with Data Robot preferred but not required
- R/Python within Spark/Hadoop clusters highly preferred.
- Experience with one or more data visualization tools such as Qlik, Tableau, or Power BI
- Previous experience developing supply chain visibility and decision-making analytics
- A strong understanding of supply chain fundamentals
Why GPC may be the right place for you:
- WFH and flexible work policies
- Fun atmosphere with a campus like experience
- Fortune 200 organization working to support thousands of small business owners nationwide.
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.