IT Senior EDI Analyst
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you are part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
This position is responsible for development, onboarding, and support activities for all aspects of the Company's B2B and MFT Integration environment. This position is also responsible for training and mentoring other team members, contributing to the development of best-practice materials, and helping to improve trading partner onboarding and support processes. This position is responsible for the daily System Support of the Sterling B2Bi, Sterling Managed File Gateway & Connect Direct Software and infrastructure.
- Day-to-day support of all EDI product questions and problems
- Creating and integrating maps and processes within the Sterling product, providing implementation and analytical support for, as well as participating in the design and implementation of new systems
- Participate in the day-to-day support of the Sterling Application / System including patch maintenance, issue resolution and Application Support
- Participate in the analysis of existing business processes and systems to recommend process and system enhancements
- Participate in the analysis of processing or system errors that are impacting GPC Shared Services EDI Department
- Coordinate with, or provide consulting services to, other departments
- Participates in rotational on-call duties, which include after-hour, holiday and weekend support
- Other duties as assigned by management in relation to EDI and Integration Processes and functions
- Designs, develops and maintains GPC maps and processes using the Sterling Product.
- Provides ongoing internal customer support for EDI product questions and problems.
- Serves as subject matter expert for Sterling B2Bi & File Gateway Tools.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for implementation and integration of maps.
- Analyzes, researches, and suggests new business practices pertaining to the use of the Sterling product.
- Develops, documents, and communicates what is implemented pertaining to new maps and business edits.
- Performs business support responsibilities, which include production monitoring, file maintenance, ad hoc reporting, and consultation with internal and external users.
- Performs development and maintenance of Cobol, Pearl and other scripts used by production processes.
- Defines and documents complex business and system requirements and develops business work papers and specifications.
- Assists in maintaining test systems and test cases.
- Assists in the development and execution of test plans and documents test results.
- Assists and coordinates with other staff, and users, to maintain systems in accordance with priorities and scheduled target dates.
- Participates in the analysis of existing business process and systems to recommend process and system enhancements to improve business performance and maximize the effectiveness of available technology.
- Performs Root Cause Analysis of Issues identified by Support Staff
- May be involved in the installation of software releases, including critical and emergency installs.
- Develops or collaborates with other staff in the development of user documentation and training for system implementations and enhancements.
- Performs weekly system restarts during non critical business windows.
- Provides promotion to production support for maps and processes
- Participates in the design and implementation of new systems initiatives.
- Defines, documents, implements and validates new business and system requirements and develops business processes for effective system functionality.
- Performs team administrative duties including status reporting, team development, self/peer/project assessments.
- Develops analytical skills and increases applications knowledge.
- Expands knowledge and skills of GPC business processes, quality assurance, and system development methodology.
- 7 - 10 Years experience with EDI Translation of 850, 855, 856, 810 Transactions
- 3-5 Years experience establishing data communication using AS2, VAN, FTP, SSH
- 3-5 Years experience utilizing PGP Encryption
- 3-5 Years experience support Sterling / IBM B2Bi software
- 10+ Years experience with EDI Translators
- 3-5 Years experience utilizing Sterling File Gateway / Connect Direct products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.