Application Systems Administrator III
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you are part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
The Application Systems Administrator III provides for application maintenance, troubleshooting and on-call support for all Shared Services PeopleSoft systems and related applications. This position is also responsible for PeopleSoft architecture and design; installation, upgrades and patching; robotic process automation, monitoring system performance at all tiers of the architecture; providing and implementing tuning recommendations; working with internal and external customers in support of the environment.
- Works closely with the business, so strong communication and presentation skills are very important. You must have a consultative personality and good corporate etiquette
- Establishes PeopleSoft system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements
- Designs system infrastructure in accordance with industry best practices
- Establishes PeopleSoft and other application systems by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems
- Defines system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems.
- Secures application systems by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Install, upgrades and patches system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Provides night and weekend support along with 24x7 on-call as required
- Must be a team player
- 5+ years AIX 6.1+ and Windows 2008+ Server experience
- 5+ years PeopleSoft Financials 9.1+; HRMS 9.2 and CRM 9.0 experience
- 5+ years PeopleTools 8.53+ experience
- Comprehensive understanding of all PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA) components
- Proven and documented experience with PeopleSoft development tools including PeopleCode, Application Designer, Application Engine, Application Package, SQR, Crystal Reports, DataMover, Application Messaging and Component Interface
- Experience with BluePrism, OpenText, Kronos, and custom AP and AR applications is expected
- 3+ years Oracle RDBMS 11g+ experience
- 2+ years SQL experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.