Financial Business Analyst APACHE
Responsible for providing financial analysis, reporting, and general support for process improvement and efficiency projects to Managers, Directors and Executives. This will require the blending of a financial analyst and a business analyst skill set.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Financial Reporting
- Update and distribute business unit, product family and customer profitability reporting on a monthly basis.
- Month-end close activities, including journal entries and bank reconciliations.
- Develop and maintain annual strategic plan reporting metrics. Provide results to the Vice President, Controller, and HR Director monthly for distribution.
- Develop, maintain and distribute monthly inventory reporting metrics.
- Develop and provide ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Business Analysis
- Periodically review department processes across the organization looking for automation opportunities and the elimination of duplication of tasks.
- Audit department process documentation and assist with updating procedures to ensure processes are efficient and complete.
- Financial Analysis
- Work with Business Unit members to develop costing models to support pricing to customers.
- Review monthly financials with Controller to understand prior year, budget and forecast variances. Assist with recommendations on action steps to improve unfavorable deviations.
- Analyze monthly performance to strategic plans.
- Verify invoice discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Inventory Control
- Assists in balancing perpetual inventory to the general ledger, and analyzing FIFO methodology and purchase price variance.
- Prepares reports for Apache personnel on request for product costs, inventory by family, safety stocks, planning parameters, quote masters, sales by product, etc. using file transfers from Frontier and report writing functions.
- Conducts monthly review of preliminary cost roll to identify and correct problems and issues with buyers.
- Attend work regularly and predictably and uphold Company values in all work aspects.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of accounting, financial and management principles, practices and techniques.
- Ability to analyze complex financial information and prepare and present detailed financial analyses and reports.
- Knowledge of systems development and implementation.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across an organization.
- Ability to translate conceptual ideas into concrete recommendations.
Education and/or Experience
- A. in Accounting, Finance or related filed
- 1-3 years of accounting experience
- CPA and/or CMA preferred
- ERP experience
- Manufacturing and/or distribution experience
- Language Skills
- Able to read and interpret documents such as operating guidelines, contracts and research reports.
- Superior ability to write detailed reports and correspondence in a concise and coherent manner.
- Ability to speak and listen effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, customers and suppliers of the organization.
- Advanced mathematical skills required.
- Ability to perform financial modeling, statistical analysis and other advance calculations.
- Advanced reasoning ability and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Apache Inc. reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.