IT Network Support Engineer, Senior
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you’re part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
The GPC Senior Network Support Engineer will be part of the network support engineering team that designs, implements, maintains, troubleshoots and audits the network infrastructure in both physical and cloud environments. This will be a hands on role, requiring a high level of technical network expertise. The candidate will design, build, and maintain an ever-changing complex architecture of network systems and devices across multiple environments that support the GPC business needs.
The scope includes internal and external security zones, supporting devices and technologies such as route/switch, firewalls, ACLs, IPS, WAF, VPN (IPSEC), DoS (all variants) protection. The Engineer will also be asked to perform network troubleshooting, which includes detection and remediation of issues like degraded performance, packet loss, routing issues, among others.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Firewall and IPS troubleshooting, monitoring, deployment and administration
- VPN troubleshooting, monitoring, deployment and administration
- Cloud based security related support, monitoring and management
- Vulnerability remediation based on External Audits and internal compliance and regulatory requirements
- Be able to work flexible hours including weekend and weeknight maintenance
- Analyze network data for security flaws
- Recommend process improvements for a secure environment
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and their impact on the company
- Awareness of current vulnerabilities and security concerns and their impact on the company
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology related field, with 7+ years of experience; or minimum ten years hands on experience designing, implementing and managing large-scale network security infrastructure consisting of firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems, Network Access control solutions, Web filtering solutions, network traffic visibility solutions
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Has highly developed problem-solving skills to independently resolve issues using defined parameters and technical expertise
- Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines
- Must have ability to troubleshoot, at a senior (tier 3/4) level, network/system and security-related issues in a production environment
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of IPS/SSL security stacks
- Strong in routing and switching (BGP/MPLS/EIGRP/ACL)
- Network Security skills (VPN, IPSEC, IPS/, WAF, FW)
- Good understanding of a large Enterprise network environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.