Motion Industries' Information Technology Department is seeking a candidate responsible for quality assurance testing of Motion software applications and ensuring that functionality meets design specifications and business requirements through the writing, execution, and reporting of manual tests – with the ultimate goal of ensuring high quality of Motion IT applications, as measured by post-production defects. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Provides high-level input as to the testing approach and methodology to be used in the testing of each application, and documents this in the form of a test plan.
- Participates in application development walkthrough and design sessions, providing input from a quality standpoint, and identifying the specific applications and functionality that require testing.
- Breaks down business and functional requirements into use scenarios and test cases.
- Performs functional, integration, and regression testing for each release according to requirements documented in TeamForge. Documents pass/fail status for each test scenario.
- As defects are discovered, generates detailed defect tickets in TeamForge that include the specific steps to reproduce the issue, screenshots, and any additional information or insights that may assist the developer in resolving the issue.
- Ensures that all in-scope requirements for a given release are effectively tested. In the event that testing is insufficient, or defects are not resolved adequately, escalates risks and concerns to the QA Manager.
- During the course of testing, ensures that the look and feel of the user interface (UI) is consistent with Motion design standards.
- Monitors Mantis tickets assigned to QA, and makes appropriate recommendations as to their resolution
- Testing of software releases in order to uncover defects, application responsiveness, and compliance with IT Policy & Procedure Statements (MPPS’s) and User Interface standards.
- Ensures that business rules are adhered to, and calculation routines are accurate
- Ensures that Application Security requirements are documented, approved, and tested
- Documents and communicates the findings of defects, and monitors the status of their resolution
- Keeps abreast of branch and user feedback (MANTIS tickets), escalating business affecting issues, and forwarding recommendations for improvement/enhancement of applications to IT Project Managers
- Participates in design sessions, and advising design specifications towards optimal user experience
- Conducts testing in accordance with the QA and IT processes
- Understands the RFS and Change Management Processes as described in Governance Policies and Procedures
- Conducts testing and reviews to aid in compliance with IT SOX and PCI requirements. Included are Security, Change Management, IT Privileged Users, System Settings and others as directed
- Experience or related coursework in translating business requirements into test scenarios and test cases
- Strong observation and analytical skills. Keen attention to detail and problem solving ability
- Proficient in documentation of software functionality, processes and procedures using Microsoft Office
- High-level understanding of web, client-server, and mainframe software development
- Experience with data manipulation and formatting using Excel
- Familiar with Quality Assurance procedures and testing approaches
- Must be able to learn quickly on a system with complex business processes and rules
- Must be able to get up to speed quickly on a system with complex business processes and rules
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years college or equivalent experience is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.