IT Analyst I, Store Systems Conversion
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you’re part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
The IT Analyst, RPM Conversion will be part of a team that provides conversion functionality in a whole-store technology solution serving the entire user community of over 5,800 stores in the U.S. and Canada. The Conversion applications will be using a series of data investigation, dashboards, and error recovery tools for use by the Conversion Coordinators, Data Conversion Analysts and the management team to track the progress of multiple stores throughout the 11 week conversion process.
- Diagnose and assist with technical aspects of RPM Conversion including knowledge of proprietary and industry standard conversion processes
- Execute steps for qualification and the RPM conversion process, in lower and Production environments
- Write/run additional SQL queries as needed in multiple databases
- Assist with resolving/troubleshooting any data or software issues prior to conversion
- Communicate with all different levels of NAPA store, distribution center, and headquarters personnel
- Report status of all conversion-related tasks through various communication channels
- Identify preventable issues and take proper steps to resolve or escalate to resolution
- Determine and recommend efficiencies/process improvements to streamline processes
- Participate in rollout planning and strategy meetings to provide input on team’s role in the process
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 3 plus years experience working in a professional office environment
- Work experience in IT, support, customer service, or conversions
- Prior knowledge of retail or Point of Sale is a plus
- Understanding metrics and analysis trends is a plus
- 4 year degree in a quantitative or technology-focused field is preferred (significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Well organized and capable of multi-tasking (will convert stores in various time zones)
- Ability to learn new tasks and deliver results with reduced turnaround times
- Ability to explain processes with other team members/departments
- Ability to work under pressure and meet scheduled deadlines
- Ability to work flexible hours (includes 2nd & 3rd shifts) with an opportunity to travel to visit stores.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.