- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Under limited supervision, the Demand Planner improves the accuracy and reliability of the Demand Plan through analyzing data, statistical models, and cross-functional collaboration. This role drives and manages the demand signals by which to align the rest of the supply chain and company resources. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
• Manages Sales Line forecasts and develops rolling six to twelve month line level demand plans.
• Maintains twelve month promotional calendar in conjunction with Sales and Marketing.
• Monitors promotions, events, and market conditions to ensure accurate demand plans.
• Develops New Item Introduction and Life Cycle Plans.
• Maintains metrics/scorecards on KPI's of forecast accuracy and forecast bias, service, and total sales vs. quota.
• Tracks performance and provides analysis of actual versus demand plan.
• Provides analysis and support for SKU rationalization and other business initiatives.
• Provides analysis and reports as required in support of KPI improvement.
• Leads the pre-consensus discussion from a demand/forecasting perspective at Sales Line level.
• Works proactively with Sales, Marketing, and Supply Chain to identify trends and refines the demand plan.
• Develops, monitors and communicates reports on forecast accuracy to Business Unit and Supply Chain while driving continuous improvement.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Typically requires a bachelor's degree in supply chain, logistics, industrial distribution or related field and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience or the equivalent combination.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook etc.).
• Strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrated success in problem solving.
• Strong project management, process and conceptual skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills for presentations to all levels of customer and management.
• Financial acumen coupled with effective inter-personal style.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
• Strong knowledge with Qlik, R, Python, or other statistical programs.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.