Sr. Internal Auditor
As a member of the Finance group, reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, this position is responsible for performing the timely execution of N. America projects in accordance with the annual plan. This includes corporate business process audits, operational audits over distribution centers and retail stores, conducting Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) 404 compliance testing, completing ad hoc management requests, and assisting in strategic risk assessment / annual planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in departmental strategic initiatives and projects, as requested by the Internal Audit Management team.
- Lead and execute financial, operational, and / or information technology audits over compliance with GPC and subsidiary headquarter, distribution center, and retail store policies / procedures. Including determining the audit scope, establishing objectives and timelines, coordinating travel and communicating results to Management.
- Plan and execute SOX business process walkthroughs, internal control design and operating effectiveness testing, and inventory observations; including communicating deficiencies and working with Management to remediate timely.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and management.
- Contribute innovative ideas to continuously improve the audit methodology and audit procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or related field required
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Internal Audit, Public Accounting or Consulting experience at a public company – global preferred
- Overnight travel approximately 35%, or as job requires
- Possession or pursuit of CPA, CIA, CISA or other relevant certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to think objectively and apply strong ethics and integrity standards
- Excellent communication written / verbal skills, analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a highly energetic and multiple-engagement environment, dedication to teamwork, a strong work initiative, and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Internal Audit, Public Accounting or Consulting experience, global a plus
- Proficiency using in Microsoft Suite Software and relevant systems technology
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.