Vice President of Sales - Automation
The VP of Sales - Automation provides leadership, guidance, and support, ensuring achievement of Sales Operation and financial objectives for the Field Sales Regions, Territories and Centers of Excellences within the division. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Sets the sales strategy and growth plan for the Automation Division and ensures the execution.
- Supervises the sales operational and financial performance of Automation Divison.
- Recruits and develops Field Sales Region/Territory Managers to oversee and optimize sales and operations in each market.
- Reports to a Group Automation Executive who helps with direction, prioritization, and resolution of key issues.
- Implements corporate initiatives, policies, and procedures to support the overall direction of the Automation Division and Motion. Collaborates to identify and secure new business opportunities and improve Sales operational excellence and effectiveness.
- Plans, organizes, allocates resources and directs the day-to-day Sales operations of the division.
- Covers all aspects of sales, account management, training, and sales support.
- Develops sales plans and budgets for achieving sales goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and fifteen (15) or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Fifteen or more years of experience with Automation, management, corporate accounts, finance or a combination of both required.
- Strong analytical, mathematics and project management skills required. • Strong business and financial acumen.
- Ability to influence and motivate.
- Ability to provide effective performance coaching and feedback.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.