Customer Service Associate FT
Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Reviews and corrects coding for bills from HQ.
- Processes for correcting EDI or keys receipt of parts for incoming freight.
- Runs reports and reviews " old" open positions. Deletes old lines as necessary so parts can be reordered for DC stock.
- Writes checks at DC and maintains manual check log.
- Performs end of day accounting for stores and the transferring of funds from local bank account to HQ's bank account. Handles bad checks from customers of stores (do a journal entry and fill out Global Services payment slip). Investigates credit card disputes. Answers cash on demand calls by accessing store's AR to get true total of stores purchases.
- Researches results from jobber short paying DC, identifies and passes on to RGN clerk to do further research into each deducted item.
- Distributes month end AR statement to stores. Stores can get statement from Storefront but may also mail or email.
- Maintains miscellaneous account for transactions where funds are received from outside and then paid for various activities.
- Generates report where info is plugged in by the DC for any store ARs that are past due (equal to or over $1000) and distributes to HQ.
- Reconciles the bank account that all deposits go in to from local depository account to HQ's bank account.
- Processes local non-NAPA supplier's item that will be keyed as a SPOM order.
- Keys class credit (parts coming back to DC) manually for stores as needed.
- Checks nightly billing report to ensure store has placed an order. Calls store to check if order was placed but did not go through.
- Takes incoming sales order or general customer service inquiry phone calls from independent and local NAPA stores.
- Ensures orders are completed that are keyed and purchased as factory special order from suppliers.
- Verifies that parts reported as damaged or is defective is within acceptable time period so part can be sent back to manufacturer or repair depot to get repaired.
- Ensures transfers go between a local and jobber or independent jobber when no account between the stores exists.
- Generates weekly reports such as stockroom received but didn't " scan ship" product and customer potentially received product but did not get billed.
- Sets up new rebate accounts, makes account revisions, and issues rebate credit to local and independent stores. Corrects rebate errors daily.
- Processes updated storefront with bulletins, new stores, etc.
- Retrieves and distribute mail. Needs to come from stockroom in a timely manner.
- Performs filing as needed.
- Resolving orders not transmitted to RADS.
- Processes bid proposals.
- Processes paperwork to fulfill IBS contract requirements.
- Ensures all paperwork and processes followed for items sold outside of US.
- Enters data for stock orders for Non-TAMS stores.
- Charge stores as needed for class pick up and handling.
- Makes claims to carriers for damaged freight.
- Issues credit to store for miscellaneous reasons as needed.
- Ensures nightly billing process is set up and runs.
- Creates manual hard copy of returns for items that do not have a specific AR number to be submitted to the correct supplier for credit issuance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- 2 years + of general office / clerical experience.
- 1 year of bookkeeping experience
- JD Edwards / PeopleSoft (AP/GL/Sales Order Entry/Customer Service Modules) experience is a plus
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be detail minded.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Must be able to make decisions.
- Must have excellent phone skills.
- Must have great communication skills.
- Must have complaint handling skills.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have clear handwriting skills.
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers (both visually and orally) and remembering their sequence.
- Must demonstrate professional business etiquette.
- Must know Internet Explorer/web navigation.
- Must know PC's / Windows (PDF, XLS, DOC, TXT, JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIF file formats).
- Must know Outlook. Must know Microsoft Excel (basic formulas and workbook set up).
- Must know Microsoft Word (including object insertion).
- Document management systems experience is a plus.
- Must know office equipment (copying, scanning)
- Regularly required to sit use hands to finger, handle, or feel reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.