- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Director of Collection Management
Under limited supervision, the Director of Collection Management is responsible for executing the company’s global collection strategy. The Director of Collection Management will work under the Treasurer to define the global collections strategy and will execute the strategy utilizing world class collection and credit management techniques to define processes and direct the work of the company’s collection function. The Director of Collection Management will manage and continuously improve processes, manage and develop staff, and communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
• Develops, implements and delivers strategies for the organization as it relates to collections.
• Develops, implements and oversees systems for the collection function, including such activities as the timely payment of customer invoices and reconciling outstanding account balances and the maintenance of accurate records and control reports.
• Manages and leads staff with professionalism and skill--guides, motivates, communicates, serves and holds staff accountable.
• Manages a high volume of work and guides resolution of numerous daily issues.
• Makes timely payment of open Accounts Receivable transactions. Maintains financial information, files and records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with policies.
• Records, updates and reconciles related financial information and provides general accounting support.
• Integrates collections process with acquisitions.
• Resolves non-routine and complex variances and payment issues from customers. Negotiates with customers on AR related payment issues when necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field and seven (7) years of relatated experience or an equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Excellent proficiency in databases such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel including, but not limited to V look up, pivot tables, charts, graphs and tables.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to all levels of organization.
• Knowledge of the latest advancements in automated processes that will improve efficiency and eliminate manual processes.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects.
• Professional and self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.