HQ-Digital- Program Manager
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 2,600 operations, geographically located across the North America and Asia Pacific regions.
The GPC Digital Center of Excellence provides digital leadership, innovation and digital services including creative, customer experience, solution delivery, operations and analytics for all GPC subsidiaries.
The Senior Project Manager is an individual who is excited about driving teams, solving problems and delivering valuable projects in a startup like environment inside an existing Fortune 500 business. As a key leader in project delivery they will lead teams to define and deliver large projects to successful outcomes. As a senior Project Manager they will encompass all facets of project management, client management and team leadership. They will also collaborate with business stakeholders and participate in strategic planning activities such as program and product roadmapping and financial planning to help grow the program and project management practice.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Be a Problem Solver by assuming overall responsibility for planning, directing, coordinating activities and delivering Large Digital programs such as e-Commerce implementations that include cross-workstream activities and teams from multiple internal and external groups
- Manages all critical project aspects (scope, timeline, budget, resources, etc.) and ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with program and business objectives and escalates issues, risks to Program leadership in a timely manner
- Responsible for delivery oversight of all major project tracks (eCommerce, Order Management, Infrastructure, Middleware, Integrations, Hosting, QA, Analytics, UX etc. ) activities, ensuring the currency, quality, dependencies and integrity of information about those activities and the quality and timeliness of their delivery.
- Develops project plans, including goals, strategy/approach, schedule, risks, contingency plans, resource allocation
- Manages the change management process including changes to scope/requirements/design
- Leads and collaborates with others to collect project status, develop status reports and communicate status, risks, issues, etc. to customers, management and other stakeholders
- Experienced in SAFe and working in an AGILE-SCRUM based methodology and collaborating with teams in a globally distributed engagement model
- Acts as the Program Management Lead for all project managers on the Program – Internal and External and leads daily track and team meetings
- Builds and maintains complex project plans for multiple groups, staffing plans and ongoing budget management
- Act as the trusted advisor to the digital leadership team raising issues and concerns consistently
- Bachelor's degree required; highly desirable to have M.B.A. degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in Senior Project Management/Program and 5+ years in Project Management
- Experience managing interactive/Web projects, custom or packaged software ecommerce implementations or large technology implementations.
- Retail experience across disciplines of technology, program management, user experience, change management and QA will be preferred
- Experience in managing full scale eCommerce implementation with hybris –SAP preferred
- Experience in technology consulting or digital agency consulting is a plus; PMP, SCRUM, SAFe certification preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and explain complex information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding
- Experience managing diverse teams in multiple projects simultaneously (preferably in an integrated program)
- Strong hands-on expertise in MS-Office Suite, MS-Project
- Experience with PPM tools such as Clarity is a plus
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.