- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Account Representative (Outside Sales) - Industrial Distributor
Motion Automation Intelligence (https://ai.motion.com) is seeking a qualified Sales Engineer based in Atlanta, GA to be an integral part of the exciting growth in the automation industry! Due to unprecedented demand for automation in the industrial space, we are looking for candidates who can successfully collaborate with companies designing and building automation machinery in the OEM, Special Machine and Large-User customer segments. Our customers serve manufacturers in the Food & Packaging, Automotive, Medical, Energy, Aerospace, Defense, Consumer and Warehouse Distribution industries to name a few. Our goal is to help our customers be competitive by offering cost-effective and world-class automation solutions in robotics, motion control, machine vision, conveyor systems, industrial framing, pneumatics, industrial networking (IIoT) and many others.
Ideal candidate will possess a Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronic degree or a two-year technical degree in related field (engineering, robotics, automation etc.) to be a technical resource for our customers. Additionally, the candidate is expected to aggressively develop new business at existing accounts and new business at new accounts. Attributes needed to accomplish this include being a self-starter, organized and dedicated to success.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick and holiday pay. This is an excellent opportunity to join a great team in the fast-growing automation industry!
- Ensure customer relationships are positive and deep within all accounts
- Create materials for and conduct sales presentations to customers
- Prospect for new customers
- Ensure customer service requirements are met
- May be required to be on-call nights or weekends, depending on need
- Generate new business with new or existing customers
- Ensure technical requirements for the customer are met
- Assist with on-site troubleshooting of customers' concerns
- Routinely interacts face-to-face with customers to foster strong relationships and maintain satisfaction may handle customer returns
- Work with local customers to identify, quote, engineer, and close product and solution sales
- Provide technical support as required ?
- Work with Branch Manager to provide business planning to reach product and sales goals
- Work with and coordinate vendor resources to build relationships and support sales
- Personally accountable for time allocation and priorities to reach goals and applying efforts to high ROI opportunities
- Maintain appropriate relationship with key suppliers
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Reliable, organized, detailed and focused
- Industry and sales experience
- Moderate computer skills, including communicating internally and externally via email
- Work experience in Microsoft Office proficiency in Excel
- Ability to multitask and manage time well
- Knowledge of supply chain systems
- Knowledge of industrial products: power transmission, hydraulic, pneumatic and mill supply
- High School Diploma or GED
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.