USAG Accounting Support Level I
The position of Accounting Support will be an integral part of the Finance team by being responsible for the timely and accurate processing of accounts payable as well as performing a variety of fundamental accounting activities. This position will assist in the supporting role for departmental decisions and processes by working collaboratively within the departments and organization as a whole.
- Accurately process 3-way P.O. matching invoices
- Monitor and prepare invoices based upon vendor terms
- Ensure unvouchered goods receipts remain within 30 days of current date
- Respond to internal and external e-mails within a timely manner
- Correctly resolve invoice discrepancies by contacting the appropriate department
- Maintain and reconcile vendor statements as well as resolve vendor inquiries
- Assist the Accounting department with special projects as assigned
- 1 – 2 years of related work experience. Associates degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established business practices
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Microsoft Dynamics 365 required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Financial acumen coupled with effective inter-personal style
- Track record of cross-functional interaction
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.