Division Loss Prevention Manager
Protects company assets while achieving shortage and safety goals for assigned areas. Manages, promotes, and directs all loss prevention initiatives and programs within the assigned areas and by developing and maintaining strong partnerships at the distribution centers and district stores. Implements company-driven shortage and safety solutions. Provides direction and leadership to minimize operational shortage, mitigate theft and fraud, and maintain safe and secure work and shopping environments. Works with other cross-functional groups to develop and implement solutions that impact shortage control. Responsible for district LPMs and is involved in the ongoing hiring, training, development, and performance management of this team.
- Identifies shortage risks through regular review of indicator reports partners with field management team to develop action plans to address/minimize operational shortage.
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves all internal and external theft and fraud.
- Minimizes the impact of loss whenever possible by identifying and addressing new types of theft and fraud.
- Analyzes store point-of-sale, inventory, cash and other operating information and identifies trends and exceptions for further investigation.
- Maintains and updates all case information within the case management program.
- Manages and reviews reports for each investigation conducted to ensure all internal policies and procedures are followed and makes recommendations to reduce/stop losses in similar areas of exposure.
- Provides ongoing management of shrink reports to identify and react to loss trends appropriately. Assists in the development of and revision to reporting processes.
- Completes warehouse and store inventory preparation visits and participates in actual process to ensure accuracy.
- Supports all risk management and functions by focusing on reducing incidents and associated financial losses.
- Completes loss prevention and safety assessments/audits with emphasis on teaching and coaching by offering solutions to issues within company policy and procedures.
- Maintains timely and accurate completion of scheduled audits in distribution centers and stores, and training sessions.
- Audits and oversees compliance initiatives regarding physical security standards (CCTV, alarms, locks, doors, etc.).
- Coordinates with field management team regarding new sites by managing installation of security alarm systems and cameras making recommendations regarding surveillance equipment for specific investigations educating district LPMs and field management team and developing physical security programs that educate users on the operation of all alarm systems and security equipment.
- Stays abreast of changes in the physical security industry and makes recommendations for technological advancements as deemed prudent for company.
- Educates and trains field management team in programs and methods for protecting inventory, cash, equipment and other company assets.
- Assists field management team in training their team members in these areas.
- Builds positive working relationships with field management and employees, outside agencies, and vendors.
- Shares information with field managers and collaborates on solutions for improving inventory shrink, distribution center/store security, and safety.
- Serves as a community liaison with law enforcement, other retail groups, other loss prevention departments, etc. to recover merchandise, prosecute cases, and facilitate restitution when warranted.
- Works with corporate loss prevention and division leadership team to coordinate and present information to large audiences including conference calls, sales meetings, division, and district meetings.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality throughout internal investigations partners with field management team and HR to address associate behavior and take corrective actions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 7-10 years' experience in Loss Prevention and in a multi-unit environment
- Previous supervisor experience required.
- Significant experience in internal investigation including use of exception reporting systems and internal investigation interviewing.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interviewing Certificate and CFI (Certified Forensic Interviewer) required
- Be able to understand the concept of inventory loss and shrinkage, and the resulting financial implications.
- Experience in communicating effectively by providing clear and timely communication, demonstrating effective listening skills, and displaying presentation skills.
- Values and exhibits the highest level of personal integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to: Perform multiple activities successfully establishes clear goals and objectives and is effective at managing time/priorities.
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and acts upon them for resolution..
- Focus on internal customers by anticipating customer needs, overcome obstacles, and strive to improve customer satisfaction.
- Manage conflict to successful resolutions.
- Develop, foster, and encourage teamwork and maximize individual potential
- Diagnose problems, draw conclusions, and resolve issues.
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of data mining/ad hock loss prevention exception software (XBR, Navistar, FraudWatch) required.
- Experience and knowledge of current security technology, CCTV, covert surveillance, Electronic Article Surveillance Burglar and Fire alarm systems.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, stand reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally the employee is required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to cold, hot and/or humid conditions moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to travel (50% - 75%) and on demand as necessary to all markets within the Division, including overnight travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.