- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Axis New England, a division of Motion Industries, is a leader in industrial automation. We are seeking an Assembly Tech with 2 years of experience to assemble products per specs, drawings and work instructions. Candidate should have experience reading blueprints and using hand/shop tools. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
- Assemble standard and more complex product line componentry into complete assemblies and kits per specs
- Document assemblies for future referencing
- Suggest ideas for assembly process improvements and enhancements
- Document and complete VM Shipment Authorization for each order
- Package nonstandard products for secure, on time shipments
- Record and track labor for each project with 100% accuracy
- Collaborate with other departments to resolve kitting, parts and/or assembly issues to satisfy customers
- Other duties as required.
- Proven knowledge and experience with layout and wiring electrical components from electrical schematics.
- Use of a multi-meter for point-to-point continuity check and voltage reading when systems are powered-up
- Confidence with the use of hand tools (i.e. hand drill, chop saw, jigsaw).
- Work independently and focused to meet on-time delivery for project work and be willing to work over-time when necessary.
- Able to stand on feet for long periods of time for the assembly of panels.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance as needed
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office suite
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.