Production/Machine Operator I (2nd Shift) - Seals Unlimited
Seals Unlimited, a division of Motion Industries
Seals Unlimited is a top-quality manufacturer of custom molded and extruded rubber parts for government and business in diverse industries such as hydro, transportation, heavy equipment, and medical.
We have a rewarding opportunity at our Hillsboro, OR location for a Production/Machine Operator I supporting 2nd shift operations. Salary is commensurate with experience-level.
For more information about our company, please visit www.sealsunlimited.com.
Operates production equipment such as Extruder, Molding presses, Cutting presses, Splice presses, Drill press and Water jet. This includes general operation knowledge, preventative maintenance, and set-up. Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. This is a 2nd shift position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to operate one or more pieces of machinery including:
- Extruder: general knowledge of set-up, operation and preventative maintenance, and ability to become proficient by learning set-up and operation including, speeds, feeds, temperature settings for different types of material, etc.
- Molding presses: basic knowledge of the operation and ability to become proficient by learning set-up.
- Cutting presses: basic knowledge of the operation.
- Splice presses: basic knowledge of the operation and ability to become proficient by learning set-up and reading work instructions.
- Drill press: ability to drill and be accurate.
- Angle grinder: ability to grind rubber and prepare surfaces in different applications in a safe manner.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the supervisor.
- Read and interpret press operation orders, routings, work instructions and basic drawings.
- Locate and gather correct materials, molds/tooling and supplies needed.
- Follows FIFO on raw materials
- Loads and unloads machines for operation, including properly weighing and measuring if applicable with scale or tape measure in standard or metric.
- Completes production records.
- Completes daily assessment of any tools and equipment being utilized and reports maintenance needs.
- Uses various power and hand tools with accuracy and safely.
- Mixes and uses adhesives safely.
- Maintains a clean, organized work area.
Attend work regularly and predictably and uphold Company values in all work aspects.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma/equivalent and sufficient knowledge or experience to perform industrial math and measuring and to read and understand work orders with instruction.
Skills and Abilities
Must be able to set up and operate mechanical equipment as well as use power tools and hand tools safely. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in main units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction, and decimals. Ability to use a tape measure and calipers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The production area is often cold in the winter and hot in the summer months. .
Must be able to lift heavy packages frequently up to 35 lbs and occasionally lift or move up to 70 lbs. Standing or walking most of the day. Bending over and kneeling. Climbing stairs. Pushing and pulling product. Requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Frequently required to walk, use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance and talk or hear.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Apache Inc. reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.