Motion Industries Engineers provide the highest levels of knowledge and skills to design and test systems that will enhance our ability to meet the needs of our customers. The Vision Applications Engineer adheres to the technical policies of the Engineering department, and supports customers and Sales by helping them understand and correctly use our products. S/he does this by organizing and exchanging technical information so the customer’s problem can be understood, they can provide solutions, and develop an ongoing relationship while doing it. Motion offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
This position is in Eden Prairie.
- The Applications Engineer will:
- Become an expert technical resource for machine vision products
- Provide technical sales and post sales support to internal and external customers
- Create marketing Youtube videos to help promote the various tools and features of such products
- Own the relationship between the vision suppliers and Braas Minnesota
- Stay current with the changing technologies
- Own and manage the vision related demos and the vision lab
- Become a key member of the AE team and assist others when needed
- Adhere to all company and department policies.
- Quickly respond to requests for technical information and assistance.
- Issue technical bulletins.
- Support web-based marketing programs.
- Contribute to new product and special design projects.
- Conduct customer training & seminars.
- Complete applications engineering tasks including
- Directly interface with Sales, customers, suppliers, and colleagues to understand technical requirements and application details.
- Support Braas Robotics as well as Braas VM departments
- BSME or BSEE with 5 years minimum experience in engineering related function
- High degree of analytical and solid mechanics understanding
- Highly effective communication skills (both verbal and oral)
- Proficient in SolidWorks and Microsoft Office suite
- Frequent travel to customer sites
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.