Procurement Strategy Intern
The Procurement Strategy Intern will provide support to the Procurement Strategy team for strategic / critical projects. The projects will include but are not limited to procurement modeling, supplier optimization, procurement analytics, process improvements, communication efforts, etc. The Procurement Strategy Intern will work with multiple teams across the Supply Chain to provide innovative solutions to support departmental and company strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Director of Procurement Strategy and other supply chain team members to create data analytics that support company objectives, help solve business problems, and assist in continuous assessment and monitoring of procurement activity
- Collects, aggregates, and analyzes data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into business performance
- Produces actionable reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations, and display root cause analysis of problems
- Enhances data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building advanced analytics
- Uses data to identify process improvements for the business based on collaboration with team members
- Create data visualizations and presentations via PowerPoint, etc.
- Develop complex queries, simulation models, advanced purchasing metrics, supplier scorecards, etc.
- Provides reporting solutions and responds to ad-hoc report requests
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated efficiency and effectiveness of managing their own time
- Identify the level, timing, and type of communications for the intended audience
- Active listening skills and ability to ask questions as required to validate understanding
- Demonstrated competence and confidence in verbal communications
- Ability to organize ideas logically to achieve the objectives of the written communication
- Solid understanding of databases and data structures
- Proficient query development, scripting, and programming skills
- Experience with visual analytics tools, such as Tableau, PowerBI, or QlikView
- Experience in data mining, cleaning, and business intelligence
- Experience with query development, scripting, and programming skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Project, and Outlook)
Qualifications and Experience
- Rising college senior pursuing a degree in business, statistics, applied mathematics, analytics, or an equivalent field.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Background in quantitative thinking and statistical data analysis.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.