Editor Web & Rich Product Content
This role provides a unique opportunity for a digital professional with a writing/editing background to help grow a content production team, play an important role in helping to connect with customers, and grow digital organic traffic and revenue for the NAPA brand within Genuine Parts Company. This person will be a member of the Automotive Parts Group digital department and will serve a key role on the Content Production Team. As Editor, this employee will partner with their manager, SEO specialists, writers and others in ecommerce, product and marketing to build and execute site content strategy and make learning about and buying auto parts, tools and accessories an easy and fun process.
- Ensure all messaging is on target and consistent with the organization's objectives and vision
- Edit content to adhere with online editorial standards and brand guidelines
- Ensure all work/copy/content is top quality, proofread and error-free
- Proofread, re-structure and edit articles by content writers
- Optimize published pieces using SEO guidelines
- Add formatting, headlines, and hyperlinks to finished content using HTML or CMS tools
- Add images and other components to the page to enhance user experience
- Create / edit content as needed to meet team/project goals
Content Strategy & Planning
- Help create and manage the editorial calendar
- Work with team to plan efforts and ensure timely publication
- Help evolve the site content strategy and set product content standards and goals
- Generate new ideas around industry-related topics
- Develop subject matter expertise of NAPAs brands, product lines, and customers
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and digital innovations.
- Effectively, consistently, and proactively communicate project and issue status
- Work with team to monitor web traffic and user engagement (e.g. bounce rates)
- Assist in developing best practices to improve content production and publishing efficiency and workflow throughout multiple environments.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication, marketing or other relevant area
- 7+ years experience in writing copy, proofing and editing
- Thorough knowledge of content strategy and content creation processes including copywriting/editing and web production processes
- Working knowledge of online marketing, advertising and ecommerce
- 3+ years’ experience using an enterprise web-content publishing systems (hybris preferred)
- Proven experience with HTML and basic image editing skills
- Experience with search engine optimization best practices and techniques.
- Experience with SEO & Analytics tools: Google Analytics + Search Console, Brightedge, SEMRush
- Excellent project management, communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to learn quickly and keep up with a fast-paced content production processes
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple projects
- Experience working with multi-language web sites
- Experience / interest in cars or the automotive aftermarket is a plus
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.