- Automotive Group
- Industrial Group
- Career Areas
- Working Here
- Social Impact
- Students & Grads
Control Panel Builder
- Performs any combination of the following tasks to assemble electronic components, subassemblies, products, or systems. Reads work orders, electrical schematics, blueprints, production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
- Crimps, screws, bolts, rivets, solders, cements, press fits, or perform similar operations to join or secure parts in place, using hand tools, power tools, and automation equipment.
- Mounts assembled components, such as transformers, control relays, circuit breakers, drives, power supplies, on chassis panel.
- Connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points. Cuts wire to specified lengths and Routes, combs, twists, wraps, ties, and attaches wire to terminal points.
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets.
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, and switches, to assemblies.
- Performs in production inspection, conducts functional and continuity tests of electrical assemblies, components, wire harness, and plugs, using an ohmmeter, test lights, and other electrical testing instruments to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.