RAY - Recruiter/HR Asst.
Job located near I-75 and Windy Hill Rd.
The Recruiter/HR Assistant is responsible for providing recruiting support for the Heavy Vehicle Parts Group locations and ASG Headquarters. The employee group includes approximately 270 hourly, salaried, office, warehouse, and parts store employees located throughout the U.S. In addition, at the headquarters location, this position will champion community support events and assist in meeting planning.
- Interviews and screens applicants for employment for the ASG HQ Atlanta office and the HVPG locations. Refers qualified applicants for further interviews.
- Assists with job fairs, employee referrals, and advertising.
- Administer assessments.
- Assists distribution center HR Managers with job postings and recruiting processes as needed.
- Ensures completion of required pre-employment testing: MVR, drug test, background verification, etc.
- Assist managers organizing department/company meetings as needed by reserving meeting space, coordinating catering, and preparing communication materials.
- Promotes company-sponsored programs and keeps track of participation.
- Leads specific projects as requested
- Provide backup to the HR Assistant position including processing of payroll, completion of pre-employment testing, and coordinating onboarding activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 3+ years of human resources experience, preferably in a multi-location environment.
- Proficient with MS Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience working with applicant tracking systems, preferably JobVite.
- Experience utilizing HRIS, preferably PeopleSoft
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Adaptable, resourceful and able to work in fast moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction/supervision.
- Confidentiality, discretion, and integrity are essential.
- Minimal travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.