Customer Service Rep
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) will work effectively and efficiently providing consistent, high quality service in a high-volume shared service center environment. Working in a team environment, the Customer Service Representative is responsible for addressing employee and manager inquiries and requests that are received via phone, email, or other channels. The CSR will use a case management system to track, document and respond to inquiries using standardized best-practice processes. As the primary contact point for all customer inquiries to the ESC, it is imperative that they project a professional image through their telephone and writing skills and possess exceptional customer service skills.
· Act as a main point of contact for all customer inquiries, requests and transactions
- Process updates to the employee’s record ensuring accurate documentation for all transactions
- Assist field HR and employees with navigating through various company systems and related documents (i.e., policies, user guides, SPD’s)
- Create a new case or update an existing case for every request received in the ESC’s case management system
- Performs daily review of open case queues to ensure inquiries/requests are being assigned, resolved and closed properly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure quality employee experiences by using a professional and service-focused approach when handling all inquiries
- Ensure employee privacy, including confidentiality and protection of sensitive employee reports or information
- Work to resolve as many calls/cases as possible upon first call/contact. Assign cases to appropriate escalation point as necessary.
- Recognize, document and inform the supervisor regarding trends in internal and external inquiries.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, management, customers and field HR staff.
- Exercise sound judgment when prioritizing, organizing and monitoring inquiries while assigning emails and distributing cases timely to team.
· Demonstrate an ability to learn and actively seek out knowledge in a self-guided, keyword driven and document heavy knowledge base
- Recommend process improvements and create new and/or modify existing process documentation or knowledge base articles.
- 1-2 years prior relevant experience in a call center or service center environment
- Superior Customer Service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exposure to HR and/or case management technologies (e.g., portal technology, case management, human capital management, etc.)
- Attentive listening skills that enable asking of probing questions to aid them in problem- solving and issue escalation
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task – Good organizational skills
- Ability to operate well under pressure – Strong problem solving skills
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel) – People Soft and/or Service Now experience a plus
· Dependable, punctual and able to achieve an appropriate level of attendance
- Team player with a positive attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.