SEO(Search Engine Optimization) Specialist
This role provides an opportunity for a digital professional with an SEO(Search Engine Optimization) and writing background to help grow a content production team and grow digital organic traffic and revenue for the NAPA brand within Genuine Parts Company. This person will be a member of the Automotive Parts Group digital department and will serve a key role on the Content Production Team. As SEO Specialist, this employee will partner with their manager, editors, writers and others in ecommerce, product and marketing to build and execute an SEO and site content strategy and drive search engine rankings, click-throughs and traffic.
SEO & Content Strategy
- Lead SEO strategy development in collaboration with site, product and content leadership
- Collaborate with the content team to build and refine the content strategy
- Work with other team members to develop tactics and plans for internal site architecture enhancements, internal link-building, and indexation and crawling enhancements
- Evaluate cross site/brand SEO and collaborate with leaders on digital strategy
SEO & Content Production
- Use enterprise SEO tools to make recommendations for content and site-wide improvements
- Perform keyword research and analyze data to help inform suggestions for new content creation
- Recommend content improvements and work with content and product teams to implement
- Review and approve SEO efficiency of all original content before launch
- Partner with technical SEO on regular reviews of the site
- Partner with analytics & site leadership to evaluate SEO performance & recommend optimizations
- Partner with technical operations to build SEO monitoring process and to review results
- Develop subject matter expertise of NAPAs brands, product lines, and customers
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and digital innovations.
- Effectively, consistently, and proactively communicate project and issue status
- Assist in developing best practices for content and technical SEO and for content production
- Serve as a liaison with software engineers, developers and others in technology and product to launch new efforts or resolve challenges
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Marketing, Computer Science, Digital Media) is preferred, but 5 or more years of relevant work experience in SEO is acceptable.
- Proven track record of successful SEO strategy and implementation.
- Experience with keyword search, ranking, analysis tools and link building.
- Experience with SEO & Analytics tools: Google Analytics + Search Console, Brightedge, SEMRush
- Knowledge and experience with technical aspects of SEO from optimal site architecture to proper coding of HTML and CSS to indexes and algorithms.
- Have or develop a strong working knowledge of analytic tools such as Google Analytics,
- Experience working in content management systems (CMS).
- Knowledge of content strategy and content creation processes
- Working knowledge of online marketing, advertising and ecommerce
- Excellent project management, communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to learn quickly and keep up with a fast-paced content production processes
- Experience working with multi-language web sites
- Experience / interest in cars or the automotive aftermarket is a plus
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.